View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #32
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post

I honestly don't believe their value will go all that high through the roof. They are replaceable fairly quickly if you shoot up the leagues. I don't believe they will do well past silver, so if you've been languishing in the lower tiers, prices shouldn't be too much higher.

I do hope more show up though, and at reasonable prices. Even if you have to pay a little more than what I paid for them, they're still within the "budget" range. I'd say pay no more than 550 for any of the guys I've talked about, and only go up to 600 if you're really really desperate.
I was actually thinking about buying Michael Jackson as one of my middle relievers in Gold or Diamond League. He had a good combination of ratings that I was looking for. Ended up telling him to "Beat It" and picked someone else, but it was close. There doesn't seem to be too much supply of historical relievers in the Gold/Diamond card tiers at a reasonable price.

Still using Bronze Tony Gwynn and Bronze Luis Aparicio in Diamond League. After years of starting in LF, my Gwynn has finally been delegated to 4th Outfielder, while Aparicio is my Utility IF. There's a Silver Gwynn that's a better hitter but worse fielder, but I don't think I'll pay the thousands of PP necessary to make that minor swap.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote