View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 11:07 PM   #8
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Thanks for the kind words, I'd like to think I'm really good or have a talent for making jerseys, but the real truth is I'm resourceful, and that's really all you have to be, not to mention imaginative.

You can work pixel by pixel if you want. What you have to do is create the basic concept with the jersey maker tools, then upload it into whatever graphics editor you choose. I use the jersey creators, paint, Irfanview, and real world paint. No photoshop, and very rarely GIMP.

The other trick is fonts, I spent a few hours a day for about a week scouring the free font sites and uploading all I saw with potential. Now I have so many, I waste too much time trying to find the one I want. But I'll take plenty over scarcity any day.

It's all about layers, you can take the basics from the online jersey maker and layer over that with the jersey creator. Make multiple saves and add what you want.
Draw up your wordmark and make it huge in the jersey creator, than crop it out with irfanview, adjust/modify it in real world paint, than run it through irfanview and make it a transparent picture. Bam, paste it to your jersey. Like I said, easy peasy, just time consuming.

The sky's the limit when you add a little imagination to these programs already available, it's really pretty cool.
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote