View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 03:33 AM   #67
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Here's Version 6.0.

The whole thing is tweaked. Basically, when you look at the new version, you'll notice that all of those gargantuan sums of money are no longer inputted into the game. I found a way to smooth it out, because the prior result was having computer teams spending tons because we were giving them all of their media deal annually, rather than breaking it up like it should be done.

So right now, you should input the media amount in this version over a five year period, meaning the amount that the game calculates for media money is the same for each of the five years you run that particular sim. The other numbers will adapt on their own.

What's nice about this is that teams will now lose money and be in the hole if they go too far in spending their available cash. You do have to the heavy lifting of inputting the info, but you can input it once and never have to do it again, if you smooth the media money out over a longer period. The only reason I encourage you to do the work to do it every 5-10 years is, the assumptions of the model are affected by team performance and so, lest you ignore it.

Eliminated the revenue sharing formula too and altered the way media money is spread out, though the larger media market teams have a distinct advantage.

I think this version provides the sort of realism I was attempting with v.1.

Lemme know what you think and if you use it and how.
Attached Files
File Type: xls DC_Financial_Model_V6.xls (52.5 KB, 289 views)
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote