View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #67
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldash View Post
Weird, but Tinordi, Brown and Lack all went on waivers in my game as well...I wonder why that's happening to those specific players.
IRL, Tinordi's in a battle for the last d-man spot for the Habs and there's a decent chance he'll be put on waivers in a few days, so it's not unrealistic to me.

The trades that djsatu posted aren't really that bad except for the Rielly one, and that's specifically because Toronto is rebuilding, both in real life and in the game. That said, in a GM game the trade AI has to be as robust as possible in order to make it a challenge and give a sense of accomplishment when you finally win the Cup. For example, if you could make lopsided trades like the recent Seguin and F. Forsberg ones, it would be much too easy to build a dynasty. As I'm sure the process to make trades in real life is a lot harder than clicking some boxes, I think the AI should be more reject-happy to even things out.

The weakness of the AI seem to be young, potential (4+) star players, with low cap hits to boot, so at least a tweak should be made to force teams to hold on to these players unless they're legit cup contenders.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote