View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:26 AM   #201
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
It is most evident in the home run video Altuve has something to hide. Could be anything.

For example, say he got a new tatoo and wants to surprise his wife with in private, not having her see it in public first.

Maybe despite her nagging he was wearing a dirty undershirt.

Maybe he has some wounds from the professional dominatrix he visited the day before.

Or maybe he's wearing a communication device that tells him what pitch is coming.

While I don't consider the video proof, I challenge someone to come up with a more reasonable explanation than hiding a communication device.
It could be he was telling the truth. Its just the fact the Astros were caught using trashcans and its not a normal reaction after hitting a game winning home run. Plus the stats away vs home. If the trash cans had not happened then i might still have my doubts but i could believe him a little bit more than i do now. However i am not the commish so my opinion like everyone else's doesn't matter.
It may be a catch 22 season for Altuve. If he has a great season people may wonder if he is cheating by another method. If he doesn't have a good season then it may be that he was cheating all along.
I tend to think that if he just has a good season then maybe he didnt cheat. I cant see him being stupid enough to try cheating this year regardless of whether he did or didn't cheat in 2019.
If he has a poor season then it will probably make my doubts that he is telling the truth even stronger. Though it could be due to an injury that only he knows.
I just hope we dont have to call to call TSA to do airport security checks at home plate.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote