View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 12:29 AM   #6
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I managed to get my Angels to Diamond in 4 weeks. Having a blast so far with the game and the collections let you build a nice team without spending hundreds of dollars. Rough start of 4-10 and I'm already on the line with the GM yelling "We need to upgrade our pitching again!" Someone about early panicking was mentioned but he did say he saw a nice Curt Schilling for only 200k if I was willing to spend the windfall from selling my collection Ed Walsh. I Considered it, but I heard some guy said Schilling was struggling bad and couldn't pull the trigger.

Pull the trigger! Schilling's been great for my team (see below). To properly interpret those numbers, consider that he always pitched in a maxed out hitters park until recently and the only thing reduced a few seasons back was HRs. Also, 2040 and 2041 were in a whale league with some of the top whales in PT (about 15 of them) so he often faced many of the best hitters in those two years.

One other really important thing... He's a neutral pitcher while Walsh is an extreme groundballer so unless you have great infield defense, you'll benefit more from Schilling.
Attached Images