View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 08:36 PM   #5
Bluejays
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVeal View Post
If all that you enjoy about the game is winning World Series rings, OOTP has nothing more to offer you. Unless you cheat, your dynasty will wither, as all dynasties do in the modern MLB. That your owner wants to divert your revenue stream elsewhere - perhaps he has his own space program - will just hasten the decline.

If what you enjoy is the challenge of running a team through thick and thin, start looking to the future, when your current crop of stars will inevitably fade. Trade them now for young prospects and salary relief.

You also might want to think about changing the league and game rules. Expand the Majors, and risk losing players to the expansion draft. Either add or subtract the DH to make the environment less familiar to you. Make trading harder. Reduce scouting accuracy. Limit the ratings that you can see. Impose minor league roster limits on yourself (not on the AI teams, as they have trouble handling them).

Once you've "solved" a game, repeating the successful strategy over and over again isn't a lot of fun.
I enjoy the challenge of running my team through thick and thin, but there is no challenge anymore it feels like as I seemed to have "solved" the game. I haven't cheated but just feel like I am doing everything right and just getting a lot of luck; I haven't gone through a think and thin in awhile but my stars are all over 35 so maybe the decline is coming and it will become interesting then.
Bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote