View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #3
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
And here I was thinking last night that eight teams in MLB do not have a Short-A team and now they want to eliminate that level altogether.

From an OOTP standpoint, I will not speculate (i.e. moving league levels, total cap on organizational players---which should be listed as active only, draft status, etc.) but am open to speaking my suggestions.

To the story....Everything I've read states that the New York-Penn, Appalachian, and Pioneer Leagues would cease to exist after 2021 or 2022, and that the Northwest League would once again become a full-season Low-A (then just Class A) league. The Midwest and South Atlantic would lose some teams to a new, fourth Low-A league. Also, they have stated that the old American Association clubs that went to the PCL would move to the IL, which would make it a 20-team league with the PCL going back to ten teams. Which, of course, should have been the FIRST THING DONE in 1997-1998.

Do the complex leagues become full season leagues instead of short-seasons?

I feel like some of these is breeding for expansion to prevent an influx of having an additional 12-20 minor league teams created (each with AAA, AA, A+, A, then optional levels Short-A, Adv-R, Complex-R, Foreign-R). Now you would temporarily phase out 42 clubs and come back later with only 22 of those gone.

Although I'm very curious about if there is a way to create the Dream League to be functional with the draft-eligible players.
I did not think about expansion when I read this but that is a very good point. It's long been discussed that the number of minor league teams would be a issue with expanding to 32 teams. Perhaps the reorganization would come at the heels of an expansion announcement.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote