View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #20
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
Speaking of this, and returning incidentally to the original player in question:

Mark Fidrych has two cards from 1976, a Rookie Sensation (74 OVR) and a One Hit Wonder (69 OVR); the Rookie Sensation has slightly better stats across the board it appears, as reflected by the ORV ratings.

So, I'm curious: why do player cards from the same year (but different card categories) have different overall and specific ratings? I thought the ratings came from the stats in a given year, but there must be some manual alteration here to distinguish these two cards, right? Actually, why have two different cards for the same player in the same year? I mean, I get that a player can fit nicely into two categories in a given year, but it just feels strange having the same player from the same year with different stats, as though they're coming from parallel universes or something. It's not a big deal at all, just feels a bit odd to me...
I would guess there was a mistake here somewhere, as we didn't intend to have multiple cards from the same historical guys for the same years.

Probably I accidently added Fydrich in each category and didn't realize it. Why the ratings are different in this case though, no idea. Also not intentional afaik.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote