Thread: Baseball 2018
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #209
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Didn’t shout for either team, I have a few relatives stateside most follow football (Packers) a couple are baseball fans one supports the Red Sox but he’s a butthole and the Dodgers have a butthole (Machado) playing for them. I suppose the lesser of two evils won.

First 2 games I watched on MLB tv but the more I watch sports on tv the more I get bored with the commentators, in fact I’ve got to the stage I’m not a fan of any tv commentator. Anyway game 3 I listened to the Dodgers radio broadcast on MLB tv but for some reason it sounded like a siren kind of noise in the background, so switched to the Red Sox feed for games 3, 4 and 5 and decided next season to listen the radio feeds for the live games I’ll take, sadly the games I’ll be catching up on will be TV games as they don’t archive the radio broadcasts.

I think the enjoyment of the radio broadcasts take me back to when I first got into baseball in the mid 80s listening to armed forces radio, uneven quality as some nights you’d hear the whole game but mostly you’d hear the first two outs of an inning then static then next thing it’d be one out in the next inning that would carry on for the rest of the game.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote