View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 04:51 PM   #7
struggles_mightily
Minors (Triple A)

Like tim has said, it's a little too early to give exact details, because we don't know precisely what the game is capable of doing and where it's more limited. But I do have a general structure worked out.

Basically, I will be having things as they are, but will be creating a fictional independent minor league (starting as either High A or AA), with a view to it expanding and improving, moving into AAA territory, then 'open' classification before becoming a major league. The background for this will be as all-inclusive as it possibly can be, with as many indepedent minors and foreign leagues as I can realistically research. I'm not too bothered about getting things spot-on, to be honest, as long as players out of the Great British league don't start hitting .300 in the Majors.

The League will be aimed at purist fans, and will attempt to hark back to the 'golden era'. Tough steroid policies (doubt this is in the game, but I will make a point of mentioning it in the Dynasty thread), a salary cap, player contracts which can be bought and sold, an even pitcher-hitter balance (or, if anything, pitcher dominance), no DH, no Interleague and perhaps some other rule changes - some I might add in just to test out new game features.

I will run it in God Mode, if possible, and if not I'll take control of one team but not really interfere too much.
struggles_mightily is offline   Reply With Quote