Thread: 1900 Hw
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 11:51 AM   #19
bear
Global Moderator

Wrestling isn't among my interests. Hasn't been since the days of Ernie Ladd and Wahoo MacDaniel. I don't pay much attention to the wrestling articles unless in my old Rings unless they mention football players or guys like Bearcat Wright Jr. whose dad boxed. I do, though, have a copy of Fleisher's From Milo to Landos as well as the Rings in which it was originally serialized.
If you need copies of the Fleisher stuff let me know.

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekman
Bear,
Thanks for the info. Believe me, I've seen some truly bizarre stuff in the Police Gazette that brings the accuracy of its reporting into serious question. One thing I ran across yesterday was an item that George Lawler (a pretty good HW I'll rate later on) fell off a train in Idaho and was killed. Only they spelled his name "Lawlor," then later, in the SAME issue, there is a note that George "Lawler" was not really killed falling of a train in "Ohio" and is going to fight in Washington state. It is no surprise to me that BoxRec has trouble getting correct info. I'm plowing through these things for a book on the history of professional wrestling that I'm under contract for, and if you think the early history of boxing is a mess you should try to piece together wrestling during the same period. At least boxing is still a legit sport with people interested in its past, wrestling has neither of those things going for it.
Here are files for one good, but obscure, heavy and two bums.
Beekman
bear is offline   Reply With Quote