Thread: 1900 Hw
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 10:12 AM   #13
beekman
Minors (Double A)

Okay, with regards to the questions. I'm viewing the microfilm at the Ohio U library in Athens,Ohio. I believe the microfilming was originally done by the Library of Congress and copies shouldn't be that hard to find if you live near a university research library. I'm pretty sure the "Munsy" on BoxRec is the "Muncey" I rated, but, of course, one can't be positive. I have a list of HW names from this period that is two columns long on both sides of a legal sheet (and growing daily) and my initial BoxRec search for them disclosed that the majority are not listed on that site. I'm not really sure how BoxRec is compiled (or even who is responsible for it), but it is becoming clear to me that, at least regarding turn of the 20th century boxing, there are a lot of fighters (and fights) not registered with BoxRec. Don't get me wrong, I love BoxRec and find it to be an invaluable tool, but I'm a bit surprised by just how incomplete it really is. My point here is that, if you are only going to use my ratings for fighters that have BoxRec i.d. numbers, you aren't going to get much out of this thread, because most of these guys don't. However, the two in this post are on BoxRec, and they are among the better HWs of the period (which isn't saying much -- I wonder if it is something about a new century beginning that leads to a meagre HW division?).
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Byers_George.tbdx (9.3 KB, 196 views)
File Type: tbdx Gardner_George.tbdx (9.3 KB, 205 views)
beekman is offline   Reply With Quote