View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #12
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall458 View Post
Are the editor ratings in the batter section batting average or OBP? Something else?

the ratings i give for batter is just contact.

the # from the editor for batters is batting average.

Those contact ratings should be way more useful than the ratings igave for pitchers... you can likely bypass the editor info from the start on batters... with pitchign you may need to learn a few nuances thorugh the editor (at least it speeds up the process). looking in the editor for batter will give you an idea of scouting inaccuracy, though... so some benefit until you understand that factor.

due to scouting inacuracy, especially at Rookie and lower levels, you definitely need to cross-reference results relative to the average in that leageu (aveage slash can be found in Stats and AI settings page -- must autocalculate modifiers each year for this to be valid each year).

If you don't have a good feel for Runs scored relative to a slash line for a league, take a peek at the end of the year for the league's overall ERA to make sure they aren't getting run over relative to average. as long as you autocalc the LTMs, the resulting ERA's should be an understandible average regardless of what year it is... as with the slash line -- so if it fluctuates aroudn 4.09... use 4.09 not the particular year's result (with autocalc'ed LTM).

allow some give and take in those values due to scouting inaccuracy.

also those are 1-100 scale, make sure you convert to your scale. that will add that much more leeway on a smaller scale (inaccuracy plus effects of rounding).

e.g. if i see a guy with a suposed 20/100 contact batting .350+ in my rookei league, which is ~.318 average i think), i'm confident that my scout has a bad read ont his player and i will promote.

.350 for a month is not the same as what i wrote, lol... since you'll be working with small samples it is never a black and white decision... well it is very very rarely a black and white decision unless you let them simmer on purpose.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-10-2017 at 03:39 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote