View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:32 PM   #1
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Suggest a schedule scheme?

I've been dissatisfied with OOTP schedules and am about to go fishing for a good one, or figure out how to make them myself (since I always seem to end up with this problem).

Anyway, I have an odd setup and can't settle on the math to come up with a logical number of games. I'm trying to simulate/play a world as a basis for writing some fiction, and to get what I want out of OOTP 17 I'll end up with a US league with 80 teams, in two subleagues with 5 leagues of 8 teams each in them.

The random generator seems to give me home-and-home with division rivals, one series each against other teams in the league, and a handful of non-division teams also playing home-and-home. I think I had set a 154 game season. (no interleague games)

Anyway, I'd like to end up with a season of 150-160 games, with unbalanced play (i.e. more games in division than out). I'd also like to generally keep 3 game series. At the moment I'm thinking of two series each home and home against division rivals, which would be 84 games. That would leave 70 or so games to split up among other teams in the league. 3 games against the other 32 teams would make 96 games, not terrible but I'm not crazy about it. I'm thinking home-and-home against a few teams in each other division. Home and home against 3 teams from each division would make 72 games for a 156 game season, and leave the majority of games with division rivals, as I prefer.

Does that make sense, or am I making some basic and terrible scheduling mistake? I realize this is a very fiddly setup and will require some severe wrestling to come up with a good schedule that does these things. Thanks for reading.
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote