View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 03:39 PM   #20
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Mar 5 1882

Fritz,

I hope this letter finds you well. Got your letter of the 24th and I am happy to hear that you are remain in the running for a roster place. Here in Louisville things are mostly well as we prepare for the season. However, I am concerned that I may have some trouble finding a place, as the club has so many men who can play behind the plate. Also, my knowledge of the pitchers will help less, as Reccius is moving to the infield this season and a new pitcher named Mullane will replace him. I still know Hecker as well as any man, but who knows whether this will carry the day?

They are also bringing in many new players to fill your old spots in the middle of the infield. If you get tired of playing with those National League boys, feel free to come back as we could use a man with your defensive skills.

No time to write more now as you know how Mrs. Ernst at the boardinghouse is about writing letters on the Sabbath. Good luck with the roster battle and I hope to see you soon.

Yours,

J. Crotty