View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 01:32 PM   #20
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacR View Post
It would probably help to see a couple screenshots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottM816 View Post
The thread he posted has plenty.
Since I missed that other thread, I will add some screenshots of my own as examples.

Braves: I would not have Lindsey at 1B when it's obvious that he is a SS but the game puts him there to make room for James and Crawford (who should be switched as well). Why? Because Lindsey can hit (although he's in a slump at this time). So instead of moving him to SS and either sitting or trading James or Crawford, it does this move, creating a defensive liability at 1B.

Red Sox: Same story here. Would you have Woolf playing 1B just to get his bat in the lineup? With a defensive rating of "1"? I wouldn't. He'd be either playing the OF where he belongs, be on the bench behind the other guys, or be traded.

Phillies: They have Wagner at 2B with a rating of 4. He must be a much better hitter than Gilbert or Crowley, I guess. The last two screen prints show you that he is out of position; he is a much better outfielder.

Some of this may be the result of L/R platooning but even so, a rational manager would not make these defensive sacrifices. The fact that my league does not have the DH is no excuse.

Now, in the other 11 teams in my league, I do see some priority given to defense and nearly all positions have at least yellow-rated defensive ratings. That is, most players are playing where they should be. So the problem is not extensive, but nagging nonetheless.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 05-31-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote