View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #20
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
I thought Jeff explained quite well what he was trying to accomplish... Do you not understand what Jeff is saying? Or do you just disagree so strongly you feel your way is the only acceptable way?
I explained quite well that Jeff's approach is simply ineffective. And frankly Jeff has admitted as much.

Quick starts are not an option for many obvious reasons:
A) I would still need to re-rate every player, every season manually after season 1.
B) Save games have a funny habit of not working from version to version, so even if I got a set working they wouldn't last

The databases sit in 3 formats, CSV, MS Access, and for a while they were is a SQL Server 2008 database while I was working on some of the bigger formulaic issues. They are based on the hockey-databank Yahoo group's hockey stats database, and is based on a era-flattening formula approach that was used in the Total Sports Hockey Encyclopedia, in addition to my own 15 years experience of statistical analysis for fortune 500 companies, as well as being an original contributor for EHM freeware and atleast a half dozen sports franchise simulation games.

Attached is the CSV for v2. Changes in this version include a whole new way of deriving pass/shoot ratings (in order to re-balance the over abundance of assists going to Defensemen) as well as new formulas for passing, playmaking and offensive read for the same reason. All ratings are internally consistent and adjusted for different scoring periods (50 goals in 2009 > 50 Goals in 1984, but 50 goals in 1984 always greater than 45 goals in 1984 given an equal number of games).

There's my methodology and a complete statistical sample to work with.

There is literally absolutely nothing more I can do.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OffensivePlayerRatingsv2.zip (394.3 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by G-Nuke; 07-10-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: EDIT: Compressed attachment included.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote