View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

Rewriting Cubs history.........

Ok, so, we have been having a very interesting thread in historical about the Cubs and their apparent ability to either win the WS in OOTP, or the, heaven forbid (just kidding here), that it is hardcoded that the Cubs never win.

My experience with a personal dynasty that has since went by the way side, not only could they win, they did it twice between 1994 and 2002 when I decided to move on because of some unpleasantness I was experiencing with the overall play of said dynasty.

The debate rages on and, i do apologize for my memory, it was decided that two new dynasties would be started (not in any agreement but in a general sort of way through the posts) and I decided it I would see what I can do, starting in 1901 and see if it is possible to manage the Cubs/Orphans and rewrite history by making them the strongest franchise in the history of MLB or at least a lot better than they are now.

With that in mind, I am unsure how I am going to do this. I hardly ever play my games out, get a little unhappy with the games and how they play out, but that is another story altogether. I am thinking about doing a month at a time, posting monthly results and other interesting things along the way.

I am new to this, but have read a ton of these here and most of you are so much better at this than I am probably gonna be. But I will do my best to justice to a team that has a very storied tradition even though they havent been important to the league (not very consist and very few appearances in any playoffs since before my great grandparents were born.)

I am going to use the set up I almost always use. I plan to use the Spritz database for 14 and will have the players imported to the teams they were originally on. Evolution of the world will be the same as history. Although free agency may come in a bit sooner than before.

I am going to start the world with MLB, AAA, AA, A levels and will not require full minors. The right to refuse minor league assignment and the 40 man roster will not be used as I hate that rule. Will use the real minor teams and may go to full minors later but for now, will be like the big leagues.

Scouting on normal settings, coaches on (although it is sometimes just an annoyance and I see no real reason to have them).

Promotion and demotions on aa and a levels will happen at the end of the year but aaa will be used for injury replacements and for call ups. I have been experimenting with this and find it a bit better for my experience.

I think that about covers it all. I plan to set this up tonight, tomorrow morning and will hope to get some screenshots posted tomorrow.

I hope it is enjoyable.
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote