View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #8
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame_45 View Post
I am not goint to say I found the secret, but this time around I have been doing a lot better.

I hadn't been using the sort looking at contact, power, speed, and then with pitchers movement, control etc.

I had been basically going on star ratings and you can't really do that at all! You have to do your research, and well I guess I was being lazy.

Without really knowing it I followed your directions, looking for two pitchers with high stanima and great control, and basically got them for cheap. Then I went into the trade pool, and basically looked at what I needed. For example I needed a true number one starter who I could acquire, and so I went down looking for who I could trade for, and found Matt Garza.

Did the same thing with the hitters that I needed, not really grabbing the best players, but what fit in my lineup, example Power, Contact or steal. I looked at what I had, and what i needed, and I traded for some power etc.

In the first year I signed Roy Oswalt and then picked up Erik Bedard later in the ring, and I think I signed one more guy, but they all earned my 1st Round picks at the end of the season, giving me 4 first round picks the next year, which was only three, because I signed a Type A in the offseason.

Right now, and this is for the first time since I purchased this game in April I am over .500 in my second year, I just can't beat the Texas Rangers to save my life. I don't know if this is the true answer yet, but I am seeing results, and I need to figure something out with the minor league system, because I have some talent in there that needs to be used.

NOW I need to figure out though how to develop rookies, and use them to their potential
Yeah, I want to know how to develop rookies too, if you should leave them in the minors, or promote them to the majors and send an overpaid-no-good veteran down.
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote