View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #12
sbrylski
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavericktango View Post
How do you actually set up the International Club Tournement? I'm looking at something similar for my solo European League with a Champions League style tournement but I can't figure out how to swap the teams from their countries league to the Champions League and back to the countries afterwards. Have you any ideas on that?

*Edit* Having re-read the OP I realise that you're doing it all in one league so I suppose the International Club Tournement would just be the play-offs of the regular league. I'm trying to do the ICT as a stand alone league, run after the main seasons, with six seperate leagues feeding into it manually but it's my problem above that's holding me back at the moment - I might have to do it your way
Yeah, its pretty much not possible to move teams between leagues during the season.

I once had a solo league for a while that had a Champions League that ran every four years. I had four leagues, and teams would get something like 3 points for winning their league and 1 point for coming in second (or something like that). After three years, the top two teams in points from each league formed an 8-team Champions League for one season, then went back to their old leagues for another cycle. That was my work-around to the problem. Note that team histories ended up looking funny after moving teams around, but everything worked for the most part.