View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #19
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

mtw, I hear ya. I wonder though if it's a matter of how complex/unwieldy the ER/RBI bug, and the baserunning issues are to fix, particularly with all that's been added to the game since 6.5. You haven't answered whether or not these two were an issue in 6.5. Perhaps Markus released a patch to fix what he could fix now, and then get to work on OOTP12. We're all crossing our fingers that these two get squished once and for all in 12 (at least perhaps we should be, considering they're bugs that would affect players using any style of play). I fully realize that these two bugs have an importance among OOTPers ranging from non-existent, to fix this bug now or I'm a jumping a plane and I'm a gonna find me Heinbockel and I'm a gonna take you out (if you're thinking of doing this, please don't - you're 100% guaranteeing that it won't get fixed), but these two are very important to some of us. Please don't write this post off as just another excuse, or the ramblings of an OOTP apologist/fanboy. I can assure you they're not. It's more of an explanation that maybe it's harder to fix than any of us know.

With regards to baseball cards, this is an oft heard complaint, but it is a fallacy. Andreas works on the eye candy, which means Markus is the bug squisher/programmer. Somebody mentioned in another thread that he's probably stretched pretty thin by wearing those two hats, and coming on the boards as often as he does. Maybe you'd like to see him raise the price every year so he can eventually afford to hire a designated bug squisher? Didn't think so. It's probably not as easy to sit in his chair as we think it is sitting in ours. That's not going to stop me from pointing out things that need addressing, and neither should it stop you. At times I may do so angrily, but I will try to always try to mix in some courtesy, realizing that pure bluster is more likely to get Markus and Co to put my posts on permanent ignore. I know it's tough to maintain perspective when you're frustration's boiling over, but try it sometime. You never know where you'll get with some honey mixed in with the vinegar. I can guarantee you where you'll get with pure vinegar and it's not where you want to go.

Last edited by actionjackson; 10-02-2010 at 12:16 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote