View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #12
mtw
All Star Reserve

After swearing off OOTP11 and all future versions, I checked up on the "Are you ok with OOTP11 not having any more patches?" for a few days, mostly to see how this thread was developing. After seeing that the thread was going to peter out like any thread that challenges poorly executed aspects of OOTP always does now, I give up. However, on sudden inspiration (a week later) I decide to check on that thread just one more time, but without any real expectation of anything positive. I find MD left, which was shocking and disappointing, but imagine my gladness to see Markus having returned to the board, and my joy at seeing that the heartfelt message from the OOTP minority was received by Markus, with his announcement of a new patch.

Then I saw the patch list.

Again, the "modern" OOTP players win; those who want OOTP to give them statistical accuracy are ignored in favor of those who want OOTP to give them "baseball cards" and "stories".

I would second my previous rant, in which I swore off OOTP11 and future versions, but what's the point? All the previous posts in this forum by me and others about the poor ability of OOTP to score unearned runs and RBI's on plays with errors were ignored by development and these bugs will continue, along with the relatively newfound serious design flaw with runners at 2nd holding at 3rd better than 60% of the time on base hits to the OF with two outs (and more generally the excessive bordering on silly application of station-to-station baserunning in OOTP11).

Not even an acknowledgment of these bugs.

All the developers have to do is sim a 1901 equivalent season, go through about 50 game logs, and see how earned runs and RBI's are scored, and how often runners on 2nd are held at 3rd on base hits to the OF.

These are blatant, major bugs for early era seasons.

Oh well. Affirmation for my decision to stop using OOTP11 and forego future versions. At least I still have 6.5.