View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Spritze DB's for OOTP11

Since gamers keep asking what the heck a modded db is here is very short answer. There are about 92,000 player seasons in the standard Lahman db and about 410,000 in the Spritze db. Therefore you get a much fuller roster of players and seasons that will appear in OOTP.

Since I have been really enjoying reading about the new draft stuff in OOTP11 the first db will be a historical high-school db. By that I mean all the real-life players in the db will be draftable at age 18 (or sooner if they are high school drop-outs?). Some you won't be able to sign and they will mosey off to college, some will enter your minor league system. This gives historical gamers a chance to sign a Lou Gehrig direct from High School instead of from the college ranks as happened IRL.

This means drafting will be a semi-required non-optional option that must be used with this db, you will just have to see if you can do a better job of putting together an organization than the AI can. If you decide not to enable the draft all the players will become free agents instead and then you can scout and bid on them as was done back in the pre-draft era.

I am presently unbugging this db as I get time. Once unbugged I'll make it available shortly after the game is released.

The stats included will be the Real and Neutralized files for Major Leaguers and Major League Equivalences for negro leaguers, minor leaguers and foreign players.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote