View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
CRTsports.com
Major Leagues

Brownlie keeps trucking along!!!

The buzz around Kauffman Stadium is how long can Starting Pitcher Bobby Brownlie stay undefeated. Among starting pitchers with more than six starts so far this year, he is the lone undefeated starter. Brownlie currently sits at 6-0 in nine starts and has a 3.18 ERA. The Baltimore Orioles Javier Vazquez is currently 3-0 in six starts but is no where near Brownlie.

Bobby started off the year strong with two straight wins against the Baltimore Orioles but struggled in his next few starts. In his next three starts the Royals went 1-2 but Brownlie was able to escape with three straight no decisions. But in both losses the Royals have had to come from behind to tie the game or lost late which has kept his undefeated streak alive.

But after that stretch of games, Brownlie has showed how dominate he can be in the American League. In four games he has pitched seven innings three times and has not allowed more than three earned runs in any of the games. In his past two games he has only allowed two earned runs in 13.0 innings.

"I am very pleased with my performance so far this year but without my teammates playing strong when I wasn't on my game, means even more. I was only a pitch or two away from losing any of those three games. Any to stay undefeated you have to have a great pen and my guys are pitching well and I only see great things happening the rest of the year." Those were Brownlie's comments at last nights press conference.

The Royals are currently on the road in Cleveland for a three game set but will return home on May 30th against the Toronto Blue Jays. Brownlie is scheduled to pitch again on May 31st and will be looking to improve his record to 7-0. Lets go Royals!!

Below you will find Brownlie's career stats.
-- 2005 64-98----2013
-- 2006 54-108
-- 2007 72-90
-- 2008 76-85
-- 2009 89-73
-- 2010 86-76
-- 2011 108-54 (1-3) Central Division Champs
CRTsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote