View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #16
minnelli
Minors (Single A)

Upon further analysis, I have noticed that WinZip takes forever while the game is still active so WinRAR is doing the job much much better. I usually play for a while, save the game, click on my shortcut to WinRAR the league and then keep playing. Currently it is taking about 30 seconds or so to rar it up. I haven’t done any more testing with RoboCopy but it did work. My main goal has been to create a process which is fast while the game is still active, so the winner to date is, as mentioned before, WinRAR.

Also other notes about performance – Select the OOTP Baseball 2006 folder from Windows Explorer and right click the properties, once you do that select the Advanced button, then uncheck “For fast searching, allow Indexing Service to index this folder”. This has helped my backups go from 2:00 minutes to about 30 seconds. The reasons as I understand it are Windows doesn’t really need to Index our 20000 players and 15000 messages. In fact my hard drive seems much quieter and not working as hard since I made this change.

Hope this new Indexing tip helps out as well.

Kevin Minnelli
minnelli is offline   Reply With Quote