View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #36
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan
Fidel, as a test - do it in a new catobase file. Edit a ltrans.txt file and put in a bunch of trades with 10 or more transactions after it for this date. Do this with no blank line between the trade transactions. You will find that the trades will show up in the trades table in access with more than the records of the trade, some of the other records will be in the trade as part of the trade...... I just had this happen to me today in and I had to rerun after fixing the trades table....

I have also thought that I had nothing missing when I took short cuts only to find that some obscure player did not show up on his first team, but only the second or that the team pages show 158 decisions with the pitchers because of the waiver bug in previous version. Some players not put on waivers, but claimed by a second team - stats come up missing because the program does not then go to the pitching_game csv to break down by team stats....
Just curious, but did you find these with "clean" leagues? I mean leagues that weren't partially run with the previous patch?

My tests were with leagues between 8-12 teams, total, so that it wouldn't take me long to scour the results. Again, no human teams. All the tests were clean runs that would have had no influence by the previous patch(es).

Again, just curious. I don't use "Access"(it's on my computer but I've never played with it)so I don't really understand the impact of it showing up in "Access" a certain way. Is it showing up in Cato incorrectly?

If I edit the ltrans with five or six trades with no blank line between them, will Catobase show them as part of the same transaction?

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)

Last edited by f.montoya; 11-24-2005 at 01:23 PM.