View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 10:32 AM   #10
RebelYell
Minors (Triple A)

Q&A column - On the road to Tampa Bay

Dear Amanda --
Win a few games and, wham, you're a hot item!

So the newspaper has asked me to do a Q&A column for them every week for people to write in and ask me their questions. Stuff like what I think of their favorite team or favorite players, behind-the-scenes stuff about the players in our clubhouse, how a minor-leaguer might be progressing ... you know, junk like that.

I told them I'd do it. They just have a writer call me once a week, shoot the questions they've selected to me over the phone and then he does all the typing, quoting my answer. I can even pass on questions I don't want to answer. They're guessing they'll get a pretty good response initially and I can pick and choose what I want to answer.

Hopefully, the guy getting my answers will get them verbatim

The press has been pretty good so far. I never thought ill of any of the guys in the Cleveland papers anyway. It's a long way from here to New York where those guys use blood-soaked razor blades to take their notes. Keep up for me, will you?

Miss you already,
BD
========= ===========
From the Plain Dealer:
(Editor's Note: Beginning next week, fans can send their questions for Indians manager Bobby Don Southworth to the newspaper [through a pm, please]. Answers to selected questions will appear in a weekly column from Southworth.)

And coming soon:
The World Cup of Baseball

Last edited by RebelYell; 04-01-2006 at 12:22 AM.
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote