View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
Jason Moyer
Hall Of Famer

It would be nice if the AI did a better job of player evaluation, but I'm not sure this is the answer.

In terms of having tools to predict player performance...I'm guessing real GM's would like to be able to do that? I mean, if the game tells you what a player is going to do, that seems a bit like cheating. Most of the game involves using the vague scouting, stats, and ratings to make those evaluations yourself. Having the game tell you "this player will hit .320 with 23 homeruns and 85 walks" is akin to playing pacman and having an arrow pop up on the screen telling you which way to move. I like OOTP's customizability, but I can't imagine why anyone would play, even now, with the ratings set to anything but off or 1-5. If you're interested in an experience that parallels real life, that's about the level of detail you'd have to limit yourself to.

"I was very fortunate to have a pitching coach by the name of Tom House...Tom, I really miss those days that we spent in the weight room and out on the field working together."
-- Nolan Ryan's HoF Induction Speech

Last edited by Jason Moyer; 04-09-2005 at 11:11 PM.
Jason Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote