View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 02:06 AM   #14
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are back in diamond for a 4th consecutive week. Win 95 games and bow out in the divisional round has been this team's calling card for the most part. Maybe we'll win 89 games and get to the subleague series this time? 13-13 so far in early going.

Winning the division will be tough as the Frogs are in a tougher division than last week. The Circle C Suburbans will probably take the division with their rotation of diamond Carlton, diamond Pedro, diamond Johan Santana, and diamond Robin Roberts. The best overall teams in D368 appear to be the Cooperstown Classics, the Marshall Cardinals, or the Jonestown Athletics (an impressive collection of mostly all-time Athletics theme team). Luckily all of these squads are in the other subleague.

Futzed around with the team some in the usual Sunday/Monday fashion... Although starting pitching continues to be the most pressing need, I've been spending more time on the offense. Maybe because position player upgrades are more numerous and more reasonably priced for a F2P'er?

I do feel a bit better about the bullpen at least. I thought life was good with Treinen a couple weeks ago, but then he decided to go and suck in real life. Swapped Treinen out for gold Rollie Fingers for a couple of "years," but Rollie is a low-end closer option at diamond level. I have gold Eck in there now and am liking the back end with Fingers/Eckersley better.

Speculated on George Springer a couple weeks back and he paid off with a nice bump to diamond. So I immediately quick sold him. It's a nice feeling to finally play the market right after whiffing on Willson Contreras and a couple others than I've managed to block out of my memory. lol

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote