View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 04:54 PM   #97
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DéjÃ* Bru View Post
Dola of my own.

I just saw that Green has been demoted. Probably best for him; reading about what happened last night and his comments after the game, he has that "deer in headlights" aura about him.

In contrast, this Domingo German is looking good, real good. Wow, if he could emerge and stay healthy . . .

Greg Bird has to be visualizing his MLB starter chances flying away with the continued power performance from Luke Voit. I have no desire to see Bird on the field except as a pinch hitter, if he doesn't hurt himself, the darling.

Hey, 13-10 with 13 guys on the IL this season. Hanging in there . . .
I'm glad you mentioned German. As loath as I am to admit it, I thought Michael Kay made an excellent point last night about German. He's 4-1 with 1.75 ERA, ostensibly filling in for Severino. Realistically, Kay asserted, it's doubtful that Sevy could've pitched any better than German has already. So while the loss of Severino was a blow, it's not one the Yanks have really felt the sting from yet because of German's brilliance.

As far as Flightless Bird is concerned, he just may have laid his last egg with the Yanks. With Voit increasingly looking like the real deal, and Mike Ford looking very much in his element as a big leaguer, don't be surprised if Bird has already been bumped off the depth chart entirely as the Yanks LH 1B & DH/PH option off the bench.

Last edited by Caporegime; 04-24-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote