View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #16
bailey
Hall Of Famer

2022 Free Agent signing: Let's SCORE more.

One of the weaknesses of my strategy is that it completely ignores PP that you can earn from pitching. Through entry pool and nearly 3 seasons, no starting pitcher has “painted the corner” for 80p. I felt like I was leaving points on the table, and I began to think about getting 1 high stuff starter. I kept getting outbid for Lefty Gomez (89), so I settled for Jason Bere (cost 273p). The problem with Bere is his poor control, not very high stuff and insufficient stamina, not to mention the Hawk's porous defense. I almost pulled the trigger on perfect Bob Feller, but that would've been ending the F2P nature of this team. I had to keep the faith with my imaginary readers, so writing this dynasty thread saved me $100.

Just a few minutes ago, my patience was rewarded as I was able to pick up diamond Herb Score for the princely sum of 11Kp. By far the most expensive player on the squad, his 128 stuff is expected to pay back the cost within 5 seasons. Also, noteworthy was the all-time average price of 9,999p and 0p in the last 7 days. A rare card that I could probably flip right now for a profit. In PT19, Herb Score was also my first expensive acquistion: a gold card at 5Kp and he rewarded me then with 2480p in earnings in his first (bronze) season. To balance him out with the goal of remaining in iron for the foreseeable future is the motto: “Score and four days of downpour.” Starters like Dan Strailey (Mvt 17!) are likely to be in the mix next week.

Score on the left Bere on the right
Score's control is even worse than Bere, but higher movement, and super sweet stuff should be a difference maker. Score also has 98 hold runners to help keep him out of trouble and I will be sure to field my best possible defensive team when he pitches.

Name:  score more.PNG
Views: 242
Size:  224.3 KB

BREAKING NEWS: P.O.T.G. Herb Score 'paints the corner'! I love it when a plan comes together.

Name:  news.PNG
Views: 233
Size:  34.0 KB

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote