View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #6
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Introducing the lineup.

I've been AFK since the end of March traveling overseas, but the team played on. It's time for a recap.
ENTRY POOL
This was a success as the team earned 16,290 PP. Two silvers and a gold from the starter packs were also sold: Byron Buxton and Paul Molitor for 720 PP (net) each. They sold quickly, most likely to a fan of the Minnesota Twins. Nobody bought Winkler, so he was sold back to the house for 1K. At 80 OVR, I didn't want to risk a downgrade to silver. I also spent 665 PP on players at or near the minimum price. Some I am using, others I bought to give me options for tournament play. Here is the team I set up for autoplay during the next 2 seasons while I was on the road.

Catcher:
88 OVR Rich Gedman. The guaranteed gold card from my starter packs that I could sell for around 3K, but I think this historical will hold it's value. His stats are about the same as Bob Boone in 19, a silver that sells for 5K, if you can find him. Decent hitting skills vs. RHP and excellent defense.
62 OVR Ronny Paulino. Purchased for 45 PP. Best cheap catcher available at the time. Decent contact vs LHP and adequate defense. I had bid on Willians Astudillo who was great for me in 19, but the winning bid of 528 PP was too pricey for me. He's now a gold level player, so a missed opportunity.
1st Base
LIVE Kendrys Morales. Average contact with some pop vs. RHP. He will leadoff vs. RHP in hopes of getting the PP for Leading off with style.
2nd Base
LIVE Dee Gordon. Somewhat better contact and a base stealing threat. At 68 OVR, an upgrade to silver is possible.
3rd base
67 OVR Richie Hebner. Contact like Gordon with extra gap and power, but well below average defense. At this point, poor defense is a plus.
Shortstop
62 OVR Maury Wills. Picked up for the minimum 25PP, so absolutely no risk. Decent contact and another base stealing threat.
Center Field
70 OVR Willie Davis. Paid just 1 PP over re-sale value! Great contact and gap vs RHP.
Left Field
77 OVR Michael Brantley Acquired in the gold bonus pack. Great contact and gap vs RHP and a strong arm for throwing out runners. Tempted to sell for around 1.2K and look for cheaper options.
Right Field
LIVE Alex Verdugo. Paid 31 PP for this real life top Dodger prospect. Already got the promotion to silver and strong potential for gold if he can keep up the hot start. In OOTP, not so hot ratings-wise. He gets the start vs RHP and platoons with 62 OVR Mike Devereaux.
DH.
LIVE Dustin Fowler – I mentioned this guy already in the thread and he did not disappoint.

Utility Players
LIVE Amed Rosario. High OVR silver player covers the infield backup. I'm hoping he gets upgraded to gold, but is going in the wrong direction in real life apparently. LIVE Willy Adames. High OVR bronze and highly touted prospect in Tampa Bay, but also going in the wrong direction. On my team, he is 2nd utility backup for all positions except catcher.

My goal for this lineup is lots of hits and most of the PP earned. The plan is to remain in iron until a 6 figure war chest of PP is accumulated. First in hitting, last in pitching is the key to long term success without investing real money.

Last edited by bailey; 04-15-2019 at 02:15 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote