View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 09:11 AM   #25
professor ape
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow View Post
Absolutely have. Promotion/relegation was something that was asked for for over a decade. Every year we were told “not this year but we will address next year.” Fictional league players have largely been neglected for countless years. I understand the current direction of the series... to fully embrace the MLB license but it’s horrible that those of us that have been here since the beginning have been discarded in favor of the commercialization. I get it. I do get it, but there were a lot of things said over the years that never came to fruition for the rest of us.
As context, I too have been a fictional player who was advocating for P/R and other secondary features every year. That being said, I completely disagree with you. Markus and the team never made promises about what would be added in each version. Something like P/R is very difficult to program and get right. With limited resources the team has to make hard decisions about where to put their energy.

The team needs revenue to keep the business going and growing. That means that they need to add features which will draw in new people. While we were quite vocal, I am sure that P/R is used by a small minority of players and was not going to be a significant draw. If they can grasp the interest of a large group of new casual players then that will benefit all of us in the long run.

As a side note, I do enjoy the irony that Perfect Team which could be a tipping point in growing the business much faster is built on a P/R structure.

Last edited by professor ape; 03-09-2019 at 09:13 AM.