View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
Bonzi777
Bat Boy

Building a Europe Mod: Step by Step

I know this has been tried (and in an instance or two, done very well) in the past, but with a new version of the game out (with some applicable new features that weren't available before), I want to try to build out a complete Mod to have a more robust, complete (ish) European Baseball Scene in OOTP 18. So in this thread I'm going to go step-by-step and try to create a more accurate, complete European baseball scene.

Here's a (every changing and not-complete) list of goals:

1) Modify the existing Italian and Dutch Leagues.
-The following things need changing:
i) Schedules
ii) Stadium Sizes, Names and Financials, League Reputation:
-In the past when I've played, the teams are too rich and/or the league has slightly too much prestige. The leagues gets overrun with washed up American and Asian players in a way that doesn't happen in real life.
iii)Create a minor league for Italy and a relegation league for the Netherlands as exists IRL.

2) Build out other leagues
-There is good amateur to semi-pro baseball played in (for a start), the Czech Republic, Germany, Spain, Belgium, France and Austria. Create accurate team names, structures and league schedules. If possible, add some of the top players to their current teams (full rosters is too heavy of a lift, for me, at least)

3) Once there are 8 leagues, create an association for the Confederation of European Baseball, complete with an end of year tournament.

I'm going to be learning about European baseball as I go here, so if there are any experts on the board (or people who can help translate different language websites) all help is welcome.
Bonzi777 is offline   Reply With Quote