View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 06:59 AM   #34
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 18th, 1985

We are in Cinci to take on Mario Soto and the Reds. Miek Krukow is going for us. His one start was iffy, though we got the win.

I led off with a fly ball to Lee Mazzilli in left. I am the worst performer player on the Giants' starting line-up.

The inning went badly, with the Reds scoring 4 times.

I got my first defensive plays in the 2nd, handling grounders by Soto and Almon.

In the 3rd I came up with 2 out and nobody on and promptly flew out to Paul Householder in right to end the inning.

Also in that frame, after Rob Deer had dropped a pop up by Dan Driessen, I handled a grounder by Nick Esasky to start a double play.

In the 4th, with two men on and two out, I took a grounder from Soto... and dropped it. It was out 3rd error of the game, but this one was all me. Chili Davis made a great catch off Almon to bail me out.

I am not hitting nearly enough to put up with errors.

In the 5th I came up with John Castino on 3rd and Kenny Smith on 2nd and hit a sac fly to score Castino, getting my 3rd RBI of the year.

More importantly we scored 4 times to tie the game.

In the 7th, with the bases empty and 2 out, I was pulled for pinch-hitter Eddie Vargas.

I can't blame Nestor, but it still hurts.

Fran Mullins took over at short.

We ended up losing 6-5.

In other, more upsetting news, my buddy Dave Linton has had to leave the team because his son is very sick. Our thoughts are with him.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote