View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #46
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Your Kershaw sounds like my David Price. Price was dominant to start out, but once he reached the end of his real playing/recalc years OOTP took him to a very bad place. I think he retired somewhere around 34 or 36. His final years were spent as a bottom of the bullpen guy.

Cool that Wacha was strong in yours too. Bob Friend won 200+ in my game and made me a big fan, but I don't think he's going to get voted in. His years of eligibility are slim and he just isn't getting the votes.

Whats the most wins a pitcher has put up in a season in your league? John Montefusco won 28 in mine. Had one more stellar season and then faded fast. Ed Karger is next with either 27 or 26.
The most wins a pitcher put up in my league in a season was 24 by Herb Score. He won the Cy Young and the MVP for the Athletics in 1904, with a 24-8 record, 2.27 ERA (led the league), 289.1 IP (led the league), only allowed 9 HR (lowest HR/9), walked 136 (most in the league), and struck out 369 (also an all-time record, along with his 11.5 K/9 rate that year), with a 10.9 WAR, and a 7.0 WPA. What a season. Unfortunately, the A's were upset by the Browns in the ALCS 4-2 that year (yes, I take the top two teams from each subleague for the playoffs, sue me).

Lefty Gomez had a better season in 1916 when he went 22-8, with a 1.75 ERA, and 327 K with just 81 BB, and a 0.97 WHIP. He had an 11.3 WAR, and 8.2 WPA that year, and needless to say won the Cy Young and the MVP in the AL for the Tigers. Unfortunately, the Tigers only went 82-80 and missed the playoffs that year.

Last edited by actionjackson; 01-28-2016 at 01:47 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote