View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #146
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Been playing this game forever, and tried every which way to play, and every time I come back and start a new solo league, it's stats only. Star ratings, and showing the numbers for players just didn't keep me interested, but hey, that's just me.

Hey, to each his own, but my attention span is about that of my four year old grandson, so I used to get bored fast with ratings, stars, etc. But I will say that playing "stats only" has kept my attention through many seasons. And if you take your time, and track the players that you draft, it is really fun to see how good your "gut" feeling was on a player. And goes without saying that you always play fictional.

At the same time, the other "challenging" way I've found to play the game, is to continuously year in and year out, have the lowest, or nearly the lowest payroll. Be the next Billy Beane, or be like the Astros. Do you have the patience to see your "frugal" ways pay off? And most of the time, I play seasons without making any trades at all. I really want to see how far my team can go this way. Just my two cents, and again, there are so many different ways to enjoy this game. I've really enjoyed reading this post, and have picked up on some new and different ways to play the game. Great thing is, after all these years, I'm still learning different ways to play, and enjoying the game.

Last edited by progen; 12-17-2014 at 07:47 PM.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote