View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Scruff
Minors (Triple A)

Independent Minor Leagues

How do I add independent minor leagues?

What I want to do is have MLB, AAA (with 150% of MLB teams) and AA (with 300% of MLB teams), set up like a pyramid basically. Players would start out on their 'local' AA team when they come into the world, basically the one closest to where they played HS ball or were born (based on what I can find on baseball-reference.com and other online resources).

I want to start with Historical MLB in 1871 (the semi-realistic model that is native to OOTP - I still don't get why this can't be adjusted).

Really I only want the historical MLB players, I could care less about putting them on their correct teams. I don't mind filling the minors with ghost players and it won't be an issue if a few occasionally make the majors as bit players.

I see in the "Rules" area when setting up the league that I can have certain leagues feed into the majors once players pass an age requirement they are draft eligible right?

I would turn off the amateur draft and have this as the only draft.

If I set these minor leagues up as independent, they can have their own financials too, correct? So I could have the AAA leagues with say 20% of the MLB payrolls and the AA leagues with like 15% or something?

Thanks for any help. I plan on using the Spritze HS database for this. If I get really ambitious, I will also set up a college league and place players who went to college on their actual college teams, and also set up foreign leagues as those players start popping up in the database (with different 'feeder' ages).

Is this possible? I realize there's a bunch of manual work involved here if so.
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote