View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #51
PutIntoPlay
Bat Boy

I like the idea of playing live, in the context of having an online league where all members get together once a week in real life, play a week's worth of games over the day and then part ways, and the commissioner takes in all the game files, updates the game through a server, so that everyone goes home, updates their rosters, lineups, etc, and comes together again to repeat the process.

What I just suggested is complicated, and I know that. But to me, that's about the only practical use for such an option, in terms of what the expectations of game play in OOTP are.

The options you provided are going to novelty at best with this audience. I've read enough of the forums to know that groups within this community are niche-heavy as far as how they play the game, and are comfortable with how they play, and not much interests them in the way of overhaul change.

I'm sure some will argue otherwise, but even this thread shows how accurate my analysis is.

Personally, I'm far more interested in changes in team management options, player development, and contract negotiations and options.

But, in playing an online league, I would very much enjoy building a more localized league to my geographic region, and meeting up with fellow players to play out games over the course of a season. And perhaps my idea of only a week's worth of activity is too slow. Maybe it should be a month's worth at a time, so you get through multiple seasons quicker and experience the fluctuations of growth, stability, and loss with each managing decision.

That's how I see it.

Is this the hill you want to die on? - Too Many

It's a beautiful day for a ballgame, let's play two! - Ernie Banks

Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of American life. Violence and committee meetings. - George Will
PutIntoPlay is offline   Reply With Quote