View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #63
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
The thing is they bit off WAY more than they could chew. Between all the different leagues in modern play, historical play and custom play... that's too much for an initial release. The first version should have been about cementing a working modern game with only a handful of leagues playable (Maybe just the NHL, AHL and KHL) and then slowly build on that foundation.

Historical play should have been held off til 2015 (it's my favorite feature but the way it's implemented is just terrible and the research is even worse).

The thing is they've made their bed and now have to pull things together. 2015 should focus on 3 things IMO:

1) The Game Engine
- Enough of this nonsense of a major game update in the final patch. Just give us the fixes to as many issues as possible, update the DB (hopefully including fixes to all the historical data issues I keep bringing up), and maybe add in multi-GMing as a feature so we can override the sketchy GM AI. 2015 should be where you introduce a brand new engine.
2) Interface!
- The UI is horrendous, and doesn't really present stats and screens the way a hockey fan would expect it. The fact that I constantly have to dig for draft info is an example.
3) Customization / Editing
- The researchers for ths game are dropping the ball, mostly because there are just way too many elements to research. Give us editing tools to be able to fix things to our liking. I have to re-rate virtually every player, every season to make the game behave even remotely realistically. Give me some tools and I'll stop bitching about the embarrassingly bad research.

Everything else should be secondary.

I will just say two things:

A) Having many leagues is researchers' work and it takes minimum time from the developers. Adding new leagues is not killing new features.

B) If the research is so embarrassingly bad, why don't you join us and fix this mess?