View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
Kaaosaste
Minors (Double A)

More than one sport can be used for this. I'm only including the requirements for basketball, but similar requirements can be used for football (must be SP, velocity => 95 mph), hockey (must be Canadian), etc.

Top Prospect Decides on Career Change

Top prospect Joe Smith has decided to leave baseball behind to pursue a career in basketball. Smith, who was listed as number X on the most recent edition of Baseball Prospectus's Top Prospects will hang up his spikes at the end of this season. He's received a scholarship from [Div I college] to play basketball. A three sport star in high school, Smith was taken as the [pick] overall pick in the [year] draft. By all accounts, he could have gone either route when he graduated, but he chose baseball.
"I was more surprised than anything to be taken so early, but my heart has always been in basketball. I got an offer to play for [college] and I want to see where that leads me while I'm still young," said Smith, in an interview last night. The [height] [position] will leave the [team] with only speculations of what might have been.

Requirements:
Age <= 19
Height >= 6'6"
Time as a professional <= 2 years
Drafted in the first round
Top 100 prospect

Effects:
Player retires.
Kaaosaste is offline   Reply With Quote