View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #40
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Point Funneling

There wasn't really a good place to post this (which is probably part of the issue), so I place it here. I noticed a pretty obvious case of "point funneling" recently.

92 "Zach" Britton is a card I own and have been trying to sell periodically and then more seriously this past week. I've noticed that Britton's 'last 7 day average' was 4001 PP at one point--which is odd considering he'd been going for 10-15K PP. Maybe it was a mistake? But that's exactly what the point funneler wants us to believe. I noticed that when I put my 92 Britton up most recently, the last 7 day average had shot up to 36K PP. Which, again, is odd because my card was on the AH almost non-stop for ~15K and no one would touch it.

Anyhow, this seems pretty clear to me that someone is quickly selling cards to one of their accounts at rock bottom prices only to quickly re-sell it to another account at a huge profit. And hope that nobody sees it.

I would appreciate it if the devs had some way of checking into this specific instance, because the anonymous nature of the AH is that there's no specific person that we can report. No paper trail that I can see other than the artificial fluctuations in auction pricing.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote