View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 07:19 PM   #8
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Hop you guys don't mind me posting these. I enjoy sharing happenings around my league that people may find interesting. Feel free to share any FHM stories as well!

The Dallas Stars will be the team to watch in 2050-2051. Not only did they sign Jaroslav Berky (the player in the OP) after 2 successful return seasons in Winnipeg, but they have 2 of the most high profile rookies in quite some time ready to make their NHL debuts.

First up is Cory Giacometti, a winger from Manitoba who is so highly regarded in hockey circles that he was named to the 2050 Canadian Olympic team before playing a single game in the NHL. He was selected over Dustin Hovdebo (Habs player mentioned in an earlier post) and managed to score 6 goals in 6 games against the best competition in the world. A few months later he joined the Canadian World Championship roster and finished with 18 points (including 10 goals) in 9 games. The pressure will be on him to become an instant impact player for the Stars.

Next, we have Czech/Ukrainian center Radim Horvath who has spent the past 4 years playing in Sweden's SHL. Berky was likely brought in in part to help mentor Horvath, who has the potential to be one of the greatest Czech's of all-time in his own right. Before the age of 20, he already has 2 Goldpucken (MVP) and 2 Hakan Loob (most goals) awards and has dominated the past 2 seasons. He was so highly regarded at such a young age that he played in the World U-18's as a 14 year old and already has the Olympics under his belt as well as 3 World Championship tournaments. Can he follow this success and become an instant threat in the NHL?

Exciting times in Dallas for sure.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote