View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #30
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Carrying On

I have taken a leave of absence from running a team (I really thought I would have been fired by now) because I want to get the inductions rolling. This will speed up the progressions of the seasons.

I have detailed how the system works. The descriptions of the inductions will not be 'nuts and bolts' of what numbers fell where and resulted in whatever outcome. That will be repetitive.

OOTP is about baseball. Sure, it is based on numbers, but we don't spend hours to take in subroutines and random number outcomes applied to them. We spend hours because these things give us a plausible simulated representation of the game of baseball.

It is with that in mind, that I want to improve the HOF process and have it be a more plausible representation of real life. Exactly how each number creates each result is not important. What is important is that these results ARE created purely by objective statistics generated by OOTP and an introduction of random numbers in a way, which I hope, gives a 'feel' of RL. The process will not be altered for the course of the run. When the results are all in, then they can be reviewed and a judgment made as to whether, or not, this exercise has been successful.

<cue Casey> And, now, on with the countdown....

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 06-18-2013 at 05:53 AM.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote