View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #384
chazzycat
All Star Starter

All three teams are in the perfect playoffs! That's a first. The Balancers were pretty lucky to get there with just 88 wins, but they finished the season strong 9-1 to win the division.

The SmallBallers ended up with 99 games and another perfect division title. Gehringer chipped in 4 WAR so that seems to be working out. In game one of the DS, I was up against perfect Walsh, but my Santana outdueled him 1-0. The one run came from a triple by Lenny, who was knocked in by a Ty Cobb single.

The SaberCats had to settle for the wild card, but they survived the 1 game madness and are still alive. They had another fairly steady but unspectacular season, in line with the previous few with a run differential of about +70. Maddux & Glavine at the top of the rotation have been dominant. The offense had a typical season...some guys up and some down (these fairly dramatic swings seem common when relying on HR) but overall I led my league in HR by 30, which was enough for my offense overall to rank middle of the pack despite being dead last in AVG. My run prevention was 5th best overall, so that is still the strength, as it has been for a long time.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote