View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 08:52 PM   #66
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
A lot of QBs can look good in college when they have the talent surrounding them and overwhelming their opponents. In most cases that won't happen in the NFL. If you watched him against Alabama you saw a QB that looked scared and had a run first mentality. When I watch him play I don't see an NFL quarterback.

I understand that, a lot of people that are against Kyler are using the Alabama game against him (never mind that Alabama would probably go 7-9 in the NFL with their year-in, year-out roster). But taken as a whole, he has shown traits that other QBs (basically just Russell Wilson) have used to become massively successful football players.

I follow ProFootballFocus heavily, and they always say, if you're just watching one game, or a couple games, or anything but every snap, you're limiting yourself. They're extremely high on Murray (not as high as they were on Baker Mayfield, but a bit higher than they were on Darnold). I certainly don't fall in that camp (although I haven't seen a single Kyler Murray throw), and I think his actions through the combine and his pro day have been dodgy, but I trust the media I follow enough to know Kyler at least isn't Tim Tebow.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote