View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #100
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 27th, 1985

Today we are sending Mike Krukow (7-6, 3.05) to face Joe Price (4-2, 3.83) of the Reds.

I am 0 for 2 vs Price.

I led off the game by smacking it into left centre.... it went to the wall and I just kept running! Stan-up triple! Chris Brown popped up by I managed to score on a Chili Davis ground-out.

Giants up 1-0!

The 2nd went even better!

Bob Brenly singled. Jeff Leonard walked. Terry Harper laid down a sac bunt and moved both of them up. Kenny Oberkfell walked to load the bases. Krukow struck out, bringing me up with two out. I managed to outrun an dinfiked hit for a single, scoring Brenly. Brown singled, scoring Leonard and Kenny O. Chili grounded out.

Giants up 4-0!

The Reds got on the board that frame when Eddie Milner hit a solo homer.

Giants lead 4-1.

I led off the fifth by hitting a scorching line drive that Tom Foley managed to snag.
I made my first defensive play that inning, taking a grounder by Alan Knicely for the 1st out. Unfortunately the Reds scored again off a Ron Robinson sac fly that scored Tracy Jones.

Giants lead 4-2.

I came up in the 7th with two out and nobody on, facing Robinson. I popped it up to Eric Davis in right to end the inning.

We got a couple more in the 8th, with both Leonard and Harper collecting RBI singles.

Giants up 6-2!

I came up in the 9th with one out and nobody on, facing Ted Power. I grounded out to Dan Driessen at 1st.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th for us. He got in trouble right away, having up a single to Davis, walking Bill Almon, and an RBI double to Milner. Will Clark pinch hit and scored both runners with a double. The lead was now only one run, with none out.
Nestor called in Ron Davis. He struck out Knicely but then walked Jones. Bill Russell came up and hit to me... and I started a Priske/Oberkfell/Deer double play to end the game!

We won 6-5!

I went 2 for 5 with a single, triple, RBI, and run scored!

We are 35-36.

Elsewhere, Bert Blyleven got his 200th career win.

We are heading home and the Astros are coming to town. Time to make up some ground.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote