View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #94
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 20th, 1985

We are in San Diego and the Padres are greeting us with Eric Show (6-4, 2.36). The Giants are bringing Jeff Robinson (4-6, 4.68)

I am 0 for 7 against Show.

We have won 2 in a row and the Padres are on a 6 game slide.

I led off the game and Show struck me out. 0 for 8.

Robinson struggled in the 1st, having up a 2-run single to John Kruk, a 1-run single to Chris Speier, a 1-run single to George Hinshaw, and a 1-run single by Alan Wiggins. (The last was unearned due to a Chili Davis error.)

Padres lead 5-0.

I led off the 3rd by flying out to Kevin McReynolds in centre. 0 for 9.
Chili homered.

Padres up 5-1.

Robinson left in the 4th after walking Hinshaw and striking out Show. Bill Laskey took over. He quickly gave up an RBI-single to Wiggins. We finished the inning off with a Castino - Priske - O'Malley double play.

Padres up 6-1.

I came up in the 5th with none out and Laskey on 1st. I struck out. 0 for 10. Oberkfell scored Laskey.

Padres up 6-2.

In the 7th Ken Smith pinch hit for Laskey and legged out an infield hit but then had to leave the game with an injured foot. I came up with Eddie Vargas on 1st and none out. Show was gone (thank god!) and I was facing Dave Rozema. I grounded out to Hinshaw at 1st, but at least I advanced the runner. Unfortunately, he did not cross.

Curt Brown took over pitching for us. He gave up a one out homer to McReynolds.

Padres lead 7-2.

I came up in the 9th with Sixto Lezcano on 1st and two out, facing Kent Tekulve. I grounded out to Gerald DeSimone at 2nd.

This was an all around bad game.

33-32

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote