View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 08:18 AM   #86
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 13th, 1985

The Padres are in town and they are sending up Dave Dravecky (2-3, 5.65). The Giants are answering with Mike Krukow (6-4, 2.79).

San Diego is a game ahead of us, in 3rd in the NL West. I think it is a good day to pull even with them and start moving up towards the Dodgers and Reds.

We are facing one of my closest challengers in the stolen base race. In the 1st Alan Wiggins singled and stole 2nd. That puts him at 26, tied with Tim Raines. (I have 43.) He eventually scored.

Padres lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half by popping up to Wiggins at 2nd.

I led off the 4th by grounding out to Al Newman at 3rd.

I finally took a grounder in the 5th... and threw it past Tom O'Malley at 1st. Error. George Hinshaw went to 2nd. Thankfully nothing came of it.

In the 6th I came up with one out and nobody on. I pooped up to Chris Speier at short.

Things turned a little sour in the 7th as a strong of San Diego hits used across a couple more runs.

Padres lead 3-0.

In the 8th Nestor went with Mark Davis on the mound (and brought in John Castino for Chris Brown at 3rd in a double switch). He induced a pop up to me from Kevin McReynolds for the 2nd out. Unfortunately he also gave up an RBI single to John Kruk.

Padres lead 4-0.

I lead off the 9th, down by 4, now facing Craig Lefferts. I grounded out to Kruk at 1st. A Rob Deer homer stopped the shut out but we still lost, 4-2.

We are 28-29.

I went 0 for 4.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote